You can find this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens New Junior cookbook
Recipe and image Found on page 71
Apple-Nut Coffee Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon backing soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup regular sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large apple
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1/4 cup nuts
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
measuring cups and spoons
9x9x2- inch baking pan
1 Grease pan with some shortening. In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
2. in large mixing bowl use a wooden spoon to beat together regular sugar and the 1/4 cup shortening til fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla till well mixed.
3. Peel apple with vegetable peeler. With adult help, remove core from apple and throw it away. Chop the apple.
4. Stir about half the flower mixture into the sugar mixture. Stir in sour cream. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
5. Stir in chopped apple. Spread evenly in greased pan, scraping bowl with rubber scraper.
6. Put nuts into plastic bag. Close bag and crush nuts with the rolling pibn. Empty bag into small bowl. use your hands to mix in brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle over coffee cake. Put pan into over.
7. With adult help, turn over to 350 degrees. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or till done. Turn off oven with adult help, remove pan form oven. Cute into pieces and serve warm.
Makes 9-12 servings.
Did you try your hand at this recipe? What did you think? Let us know in the comments!