Note: I wrote this blog entry for another blog I had a few years ago.
Ok. Let's get honest. I HATE canned green beans. Absolutely can't stand them. For as long as I can remember I avoided green beans every chance I got, and didn't feel bad about it. When I started cooking for my family and doing the shopping, I didn't even buy green beans so that I wouldn't have to make them. But when I started changing my diet after being diagnosed with Diabetes, I decided to get adventurous and try some roasted fresh green beans. Believe it or not, I LOVE them! And it didn't take long for me to come up with a recipe that I became addicted to! So, let's get adventurous and try something new!
Fresh green beans, trimmed
2 cloves of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* Place the green beans on a cookie sheet in a single layer ( I make enough to fill a cookie sheet)
* Drizzle with oil
* Sprinkle with a pinch or two of Kosher salt (or to taste)
* Sprinkle with chopped garlic cloves
* Sprinkle with parm to taste.
* Drizzle with fresh lemon juice, depending on the amount of juice given 1/2-1 whole lemon or to taste
* Toss to coat (kitchen tongs work well for this!)
* Arrange beans so that the beans are still on a single layer
* Bake in oven for about 15 minutes
* Best served warm!
Liking fresh green beans was a huge surprise to me! Is there a food/dish you tried and was really surprised to find you really liked? Tell us about it (and share the recipe) in the comments!